Academic: the website builder for Hugo
Create a beautifully simple website in under 10 minutes 🚀
Create a free website with Academic using Markdown, Jupyter, or RStudio. Choose a beautiful color theme and build anything with the Page Builder - over 40 widgets, themes, and language packs included!
- 👉 Get Started
- 📚 View the documentation
- 💬 Ask a question on the forum
- 👥 Chat with the community
- 🐦 Twitter: @source_themes @GeorgeCushen #MadeWithAcademic
- 💡 Request a feature or report a bug
- ⬆️ Updating? View the Update Guide and Release Notes
- ❤️ Support development of Academic:
- Page builder - Create anything with widgets and elements
- Edit any type of content - Blog posts, publications, talks, slides, projects, and more!
- Create content in Markdown, Jupyter, or RStudio
- Plugin System - Fully customizable color and font themes
- Display Code and Math - Code highlighting and LaTeX math supported
- Integrations - Google Analytics, Disqus commenting, Maps, Contact Forms, and more!
- Beautiful Site - Simple and refreshing one page design
- Industry-Leading SEO - Help get your website found on search engines and social media
- Media Galleries - Display your images and videos with captions in a customizable gallery
- Mobile Friendly - Look amazing on every screen with a mobile friendly version of your site
- Multi-language - 15+ language packs including English, 中文, and Português
- Multi-user - Each author gets their own profile page
- Privacy Pack - Assists with GDPR
- Stand Out - Bring your site to life with animation, parallax backgrounds, and scroll effects
- One-Click Deployment - No servers. No databases. Only files.
Academic comes with automatic day (light) and night (dark) mode built-in. Alternatively, visitors can choose their preferred mode - click the sun/moon icon in the top right of the
Demo to see it in action! Day/night mode can also be disabled by the site admin in
- Academic Admin: An admin tool to import publications from BibTeX or import assets for an offline site
- Academic Scripts: Scripts to help migrate content to new versions of Academic
You can choose from one of the following four methods to install:
- one-click install using your web browser (recommended)
- install on your computer using Git with the Command Prompt/Terminal app
- install on your computer by downloading the ZIP files
- install on your computer with RStudio
Copyright 2016-present George Cushen.
Released under the MIT license.